The European Association of Cochlear Implant Users and The Ear Foundation, Nottingham are delighted to be running the 7th European Friendship Week
Who for: Cochlear Implant Users aged between 11 and 16
From: Sunday 23 July to Saturday 29 July 2017
At: St John’s School for the Deaf in Boston Spa, Yorkshire, UK
The European Friendship Week 2017
- To meet other deaf young people from all over Europe
- To Learn about other cultures and countries
- To practise speaking English
- To boost each person’s self esteem
- To promote a positive self-identity
- To grow their confidence
- To strengthen their resilience and resolve
- To understand their deafness more
- To share their unique experiences of being cochlear implant wearers together
- To enjoy an action packed, fun, friendly week away.
- To have lots of fun together
To have ‘Typically British Experiences’
- Day trips out
- Evening entertainments
- The weather!
Can your country arrange a delegation group? You need a leader who can speak English and an enthusiasm to come along and join in. The Ear Foundation arrange the whole event and support you through the bookings process.
We have received some great feedback from the young people from previous years:
"Seeing different people and their different cultures is good and made me happy”.
“It was more easy to understand English that I thought”
Our government awarded our residentials as OUTSTANDING in all areas in 2016.