EURO-CIU is a non-governmental and non-profit association which was established in Luxembourg in 1995. The association consists of 31 national member associations from 23 European countries.
Altogether the EURO-CIU represents almost 150.000 cochlear implant (CI) users across Europe, approximately 60% of whom are adults and 40% children.
In the Association’s recent surveys of members 95% of cochlear implant users state that the implant has improved both their and their families’ quality of life.
The mission of EURO-CIU is to increase access to the gift of hearing provided by cochlear implantation through awareness and research.
To know more about us, our position and our activities, you can download the EURO-CIU report 2016:
The Committee is comprised of: (Pictured from left to right)
- Fernando Giménez (Spain) Adviser Website.
- Mª Teresa Amat (Spain) President.
- Leo de Raeve (Belgium) Adviser Scientific.
- Sari Hirvonen-Skarbö (Finland) 1st Vice President.
- Beatrice Cusmai (Italy) Secretary.
- Henri-François Baiverlin (Belgium) Treasurer.
- Brian Archbold (UK) Adviser Newsletter.
- Ervin Bonecz (Hungary) 2nd Vice President.
EURO-CIU is a member of...